Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grandiose!

Yesterday I was thinking about setting my mind on things that please God.  I think focusing on God's love is something I need to do more often, to be grateful, to develop security in my place with God, and even to protect me from my own folly.  In Romans 8:38-39 Paul tells us how to think about the love of God:  "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What security!  And what a deep, vast resource to draw from, to depend upon, to rely on!

Whenever I turn on my computer I see my husband standing in front of the Grand Canyon.  I love this picture of him and I was so amazed by the Grand Canyon.  We rode in a helicopter down into it and around it.  This is a picture of one of the many views out of the helicopter window! That's the mighty Colorado River down there. 
Then we drove it's rim and got out and looked.  Over and over again I felt this incredible feeling of awe.  Each view, each vista was just as incredible as the one before, so indescribable.  It just blew me away and I thought "grand" just wasn't enough of a title for it-why not amazing, stupendous or even grandiose canyon!                                                                           Recently I have been thinking a lot about just how great the love of God really is...you know, trying to wrap myself up in it, to get a hold of it, to really let it come behind me and go before me.  It is gradiose, this love of God!  Grandiose is defined in my Roget's Thesauras as "imposing, impressive, larger-than-life, awful, awe-inspiring, awesome; sumptuous, elegant, elaborate, luxurious, extravagant, deluxe!"  So for the next several posts I hope to explore and record some of what God shows me about his grandiose love as I look from vista to vista and think on it, set my mind on it.  I think I will be blown away and I hope you'll join me here with a glass of sweet tea whenever you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment